The chair cushions were a bit of an emergency, since Josh was threatening to get rid of our mismatched wooden chairs and get a set of matching ones. I personally really like and see a lot of potential in them. I like mismatched things in general, and I always thought repainting our chairs with various colors of our (my) choice would be great. So I started by making these little pillows to remedy to Josh's main complaint i.e. they're not comfortable. Well, they are slightly more now. I used some coffee bags I'd bought a while ago in Wellington that were just waiting for the perfect project. The inside is made of two layers of cut up duvet (I've been hoarding them).
And then... I had also been wanting to make more fabric buckets, this time with a flour sack I had an the same coffee sacks. well, it didn't exactly turn out as I imagined, but still usable. As a wine bag. Because we very often carry our wine around when we're out for a walk me and the kids. Seriously I'm sure I'll get to use it eventually, it'll be a good excuse to bring some wine next time we're invited over for dinner. Or maybe I can put our thermos in it next time we go camping.
I also (geez I've been busy!) made a new duvet cover using two flowery cotton sheets found at the op shop. They were originally single sheets, the length was no problem but they were obviously going to be short width wise for our queen size duvet. Luckily that same day in the same shop I also found a pale green double sheet that matched them perfectly. As you can tell by the photo, the cover ended up too wide. I'm not sure how I managed to get it wrong since a queen size duvet is basically a square, but luckily it's an easy fix.
More creative spaces here!