Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My creative space

I've been getting a bit side tracked in my curtain making. My excuse, they are buried under a huge pile of fabrics since I moved a big wardrobe and while waiting for my beloved half to make me some shelves they will stay there. In reality I have started a new project that I find much more entertaining: Making fabric storage bags. Tahi's toys are overtaking the house, and since I like a bit of order and organization, I decided to make a whole lot of these pouches to sort the toys out. The great thing is that I can sort out toys by "theme" (music, cooking) and also get some new ones when he gets tired of playing with his current bag. Kids love novelty and rediscovering old toys!
Anyway, I've made two so far, and have a whole lot more cut out fabric ready for sewing. And since I got a bit carried away, there will be a giveaway of some of them coming soon, so stay tuned!
Pop over to Kootoyoo for some more creative goodness!

3 comments:

  1. What a neat storage idea. Lots of scope to make different ones by varying the fabric and the shape. I like the fact that they are really portable too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really need to make some of these !
    thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great. I'm inspired to get the toys organised again!

    ReplyDelete