Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My creative space

Lots going on in the real world, haven't had time to slow down and organize it for the blog... in the meantime, a creative week end of photos. We spent three days and two (chilly) night in a caravan at a community we are interested in joining. It was a lot of fun (Tahi didn't want to leave), we love it down there, it feels like we've found a means to achieve what we aspire to. Since moving to Gisborne three and a half years ago, our life has changed.
We live with little or no income, which can be stressful at times, but we are learning to be self reliant on a lot of aspects (growing, making, scavenging, bartering) and I have to say I have never felt so close to my own self. We are poor but resourceful, we know how to feed ourselves and look after our health and to me it seems like the most important thing to know. I am also lucky to be a full time mum, and I am savoring these years because I know that once they're gone, they're gone. We only live once, so we might as well make it count.
Settlers and caravans


Sheep shearing


Our abode

under a beautiful starry night

we woke up to a frosty morning



5 comments:

  1. that starry night pic is absolutely stunning!!!! wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos... they make me want ot escape to the country for a bit! Starry night photo it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo to join a community would be huge leap. I like the concept but don't trust that many people to be people i could "live" with on a permanent basis. Lovely picture though.
    Mxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks beautiful! And cold! And beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The starry night photo is delightful, and the frost images made me catch my breath (partly from the beauty, partly because I know how cold that is!!!)

    ReplyDelete