Friday, January 14, 2011

mini art journal challenge: weeks 40 and 41

Wow, I can't believe I'm almost at the end of this challenge.
week 40: "Not anymore". Ok, so we all grow up, mature, change... but I can't really say I am not something anymore. I see myself today as the result of my past experiences and what I've lived through. Sure, I've had good and bad moments, days, years. I am ashamed to think back on some memories, others I love to think back on, but really, everything I've been through so far in my life has made me who I am today. So instead of saying some part of me is "not anymore" I'd say that the present is the sum of our past experiences.


Week 41: "Magic carpet:. Again, this week's challenge has been so well timed with what I am going through at the moment. If I'd been asked where I would go if I had a magic carpet at any time in my adult life up until recently, I would have had a million destinations lined up. Right now though, I just feel like being here, at home. A few weeks back I was having a lie down on a rug in our garden, while Tahi had a nap, and I felt so at home, so cosy, so happy and content. I am five weeks away from my due date now, and all I want is the peace and quiet of our home (even though the kitchen and bathroom are still at the building site stage). I feel like this baby wants to be born here. For once in my life, I don't want to be anywhere else than where I am now!

No comments:

Post a Comment