Tuesday, May 18, 2010

cracker of a day

I found a really easy recipe for soda crackers, Tahi and I made some yesterday, as good as the store bought ones. That is one less plastic wrapping to deal with, if I can make enough supplies. They are so easy to eat, and we tend to graze a lot in our house, I had to make some more today...

I thought I'd write down the recipe for anyone who wants to give it a go. I found it in the "Whole Foods For The Whole Family" by la Leche Ligue (heaps of other cool recipes in there!).
Soda crackers
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter ( you can also use butter substitutes)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk/ yoghurt/ milk with a 2 tsp lemon
- 1 egg

Preheat oven to 180ยบ. Mix flour and butter together until the consistency of oatmeal. Add the rest of the ingredients, mix with your hands until they form a ball. roll out half the dough to about 1mm thick, cut into square, prick with fork and place on tray. cook in the oven for 10mn or until lightly brown. Take out, cool. Repeat for second ball of dough.
It doesn't get any easier than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment