Sunday, March 6, 2011

The busy season

Summer is a busy time in the garden and the kitchen for us. I went through a jam making phase: strawberry, plum and rhubarb. Then I decided to try and pickle gherkins! We didn't actually grow them, maybe next year... our local green grocer sells them in buckets of 5kg, so I got one of those and tried out three different recipes... verdict in 6 weeks!

We've also just harvested our pumpkins... 24 of them! Hopefully this year they won't rot like last year. We probably ate about a dozen pumpkins in 2 months so they wouldn't go to waste!

1 comment:

  1. random thoughts on pumpkin storage, probably from my grandparents: coolish, dark, dry, aerated, single layered and rodent-proof! I seem to remember them lined up on shelves in a shed...

    ReplyDelete